German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here ever measured how hard a Shepherd can pull in pounds of force?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that there's been GSDs in weight pulling competitions. You could probably find results from those somewhere.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
they've had GSDs in weight pulling contests. Its rare as bully breeds and malamutes usually take top honors but i've seen a few. I'm sure you could look it up online?

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What would I use as a search string?

·
Registered
19,157 Posts

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
i had to do a couple different searches to get that much. so they can do a pretty good amount!!!

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right, I'm not looking for how much weight they can pull. I'm looking for how many pounds of force they can pull with. I am not sure, but I don't think they are the same thing.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
i dunno. I know they've done jaw pressure tests but i dont think they've done weight pull pressure tests. Would definitely be curious to find out.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dunno. I know they've done jaw pressure tests but i dont think they've done weight pull pressure tests. Would definitely be curious to find out.
Really? How many pounds of pressure can they bite with?

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
i'll see if i can find the video and post it.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
heres one of the videos

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
i cant find the other videos right now but thats the primary one

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, that's amazing. Also, I can't believe people just stand there like that as those dogs come a-charging!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Wow, that's amazing. Also, I can't believe people just stand there like that as those dogs come a-charging!

LOL. I always loved watching police K9 demonstrations they used to do back home. One of the things on my bucket list is to be the person in the bite suit just to see what its like.

·
Registered
596 Posts
LOL. I always loved watching police K9 demonstrations they used to do back home. One of the things on my bucket list is to be the person in the bite suit just to see what its like.
oooooh! i have to agree with you! haha Although as much as i LOVE to watch, and if it was my dog doing it to someone else id be routin' them on! But to think about it on the other end..... lol Id probably wet myself sometimes :p

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
oooooh! i have to agree with you! haha Although as much as i LOVE to watch, and if it was my dog doing it to someone else id be routin' them on! But to think about it on the other end..... lol Id probably wet myself sometimes :p

lol i get that tingly OMG that would be freaky! feeling just thinking about it. It just looks like it would be something totally crazy to experience but a blast at the same time. I would be cheering my dogs too! hehe.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Has anyone ever heard of this being measured?

·
Registered
906 Posts
My brother, Fritz, can pull me at dead weight. I've laid on the floor before holding his toy and he pulls me. He's about 85 lbs and I'm not going to say how much I weigh lol!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
the bite pressure it 232 i believe I saw a youtube video with a GSD, Rot and Pitbull.

Rot was king he had a bite of 300ish, while the GSD and Pit were both around 232

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
deerrrr, i guess i should have looked at Kzoppa's reply 1st haha. that is the video i saw, no to see how good my memory is

1 - 20 of 24 Posts