German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It is gorgeous out today!, yay for spring!. It's in the upper 20's no winds, bright and sunny. Took Josie out for a stroll and we went into a vacant dead end dirt road and did some off leash training with toys. I ended up walking her a mile after i did off leash training and play with her.I wanted go for two miles, it looked like she could go further but i don't want to stress her joints.

How far can i go with a 9 month old pup? can i keep going if she still wants to?.

When she matures and does well with high distractions what do you guys think about roller blading with the dog?.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Don't know about the other stuff but the "roller blading with dogs part" makes me think your very brave :tongue:

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
As long as she's willing and you aren't forcing her, go as far as you want.
That's what I say, specially if it's off leash cause they can completely pace themselves with running, walking, sitting and waiting for you to catch up.

My puppies were easily doing 2+ miles by 16 weeks....so you are good to go as long as you keep them lean and conditioned.

Did you see this link yet? http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/development-socialization/111084-proper-exercise-puppies.html

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts