Water ALL OVER the place when mine drink. Even the puppy drinks that way

·
Banned
3,955 Posts
Their German, from a stein.

·
Registered
16,424 Posts
I picked Emily Post. We have metal bowls, and when Max was a puppy the sound of his collar and tags hitting the bowl would scare the bejeebies out of him. He stretches out & leans very carefully towards the bowl with his feet wide apart, licks very delicately, then backs away.

·
2,967 Posts
Laying down, front feet wrapped around the dish, head resting on the bowl making it tilt and run down his face. Messy.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Actually Maiya is very "dainty" about her drinking.

Annabelle is a different story. She leaves a water slobber trail from the bowl to wherever she's headed.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
The is always puddles of water on the kitchen floor and alot of wet spots on the carpet. I think it is just a GSD trait

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
With my three, my kitchen is a MESS!!!! Theres usually pools of water within a six foot radius of the water bowl, then they step in it with dirty feet which then makes mud-mix that with hair they've shedded...well you guys can imgaine. Its not a pretty picture

Rosa

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Very unlady-like. She leaves a trail of dribble.

After a walk, she will 'falooomph' down in front of her bowl, hug it, and just slurp slurp slurp. Practically washes her face in it.

Sometimes she washes her paws too.

She used to tip the water bowl over, and made such a racket rolling her SS bowl all over the place.

·
Registered
17 Posts
All of mine are messy leaving water everywhere. It is almost like they leave more water on the floor than what they took in! My male is worse than any of them!

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
"Laying down, front feet wrapped around the dish, head resting on the bowl making it tilt and run down his face. Messy."

Ditto.....

Then we follow them around with a mop!!!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
For the first 6 months that Lady Jane lived with us, she would stand next to our huskie at the water bowl and would lick his face after he drank. Now she makes a mess too.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Aida is very neat with her drinking. Her mess comes from when she steps in the bowl. Clod!

·
Registered
27,249 Posts
Kacie and Clover are clean drinkers, and Onyx is a slobbering, water trail. She doesn't have the time to drink, she needs to get on with the next "job" while swallowing.... I didn't vote as they would cancel each other out.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Heidi's pretty neat (in more ways than one!) - she doesn't make a mess when she drinks. Now if I could only get her to stop putting one or two pieces of kibble on the floor when she eats, we'd be in good shape.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts