German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Puppy, now 14 months, is growing again. She is so. darn. tired. Too tired to eat her breakfast. Must. Nap. She got up, went outside, played for 10 minutes, came in and crashed. Yesterday we went for a 25 minute walk, and she came inside and slept for three hours.

She usually goes on a feeding binge for a few days, and then doesn't eat much at all for about 5 days, and sleeps and sleeps and sleeps.When we look at her again, she's bigger!

Normal? Or just a quirk of my dog? She's done this consistently since she was a wee little puppy, so we're not worried, but does your dog do the same thing?

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Jesse is 6.5 months old and yup he is not a morning dog at all, does go for a walk in the morning but no energy for it and comes home and sleeps. Pretty the same as in your first paragraph. He seems to be alive around noon and ready and willing to do anything. Puppies do their growing when they sleep. GSD are really not considered full grown till 3 years, I can't remember off hand when height stops growing in them, I think somewhere around 14 months but every dog is different. Last part of the 3 years they fill in.

Regarding food I find Jesse different day by day, some days acting starving and wants more food (probably due to exercise we give him and also growing stages) other days not so much.

I am not an expert but those are my observations and 40 some odd years of owning dogs

1 - 2 of 2 Posts