German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is even more lazy that normal haha. What is your dog's behavior in the winter time?

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Our dogs love the snow. They can't wait to get outside and play in it.
Cold doesn't seem to bother them too much, but we keep a close eye on them when it's this cold. We're about 25 miles SW of Minneapolis and when I got up at 5:30 this morning, it was -28.
They didn't seem to mind.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha mine loves the snow too. But with her (and for me haha) it just wipes her out. My dog is never cold, she usually is so warm she can't lay in one place for too long, so in the winter, she'll sit there sleeping in the snow all day haha.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
The colder and the wetter, the better they like it.:snowing:

Especially the snow, they luv it.:happyboogie:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Brewski loves the snow he actually drives me insane with his come and play in it "mommy"!

He comes in barks runs back out stares at the door and barks all day long till I go out. Problem is a couple of hours of me being out there is not good enough, he wants me out all day!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha wow, I guess it's the thick fur that keeps them nice and warm. All GSD (here and other places I've asked) seem to LOVE the winter.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Panzer loves the snow too - and the icicles! He likes to lay in the snow, and he's also started burying bones in the snow. :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
Mine absolutely love it! Can't get enough of playing around in it!

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Abby loves the snow. Going for a long walk at 0 degrees is fine with her. Loves to have me throw things into the deep snow so she can dive in and find them.
She is a so-called short-coat GSD, don't know why it doesn't bother her. Thankful that I don't have to worry about hair between her toes. Last dog had cloth feet.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mine LOVES the snow! Just runs and lays down in it, and bites it to throw it up in the air.. He ponces on it like a cat does a mouse! So cute! lol

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Have you ever heard of snow zoomies? We have them here from the first snow to the last.

Here is how much Phoenix likes the snow.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
That first picture is adorable! Stosh also loves the cold and wet and snow. We don't get too much snow in TX but we had a bit two weeks ago and he loved it! He's always liked being out in the rain too- even as a little pup he would run out onto the deck and go to sleep in the rain. I think he likes the way it makes him smell

·
Registered
443 Posts
Kaylee loves the snow. We were out for two hours yesterday, playing fetch and running around like idiots until my hands were beyond numb. She had balls of ice all on her underside and between her toes. Came in to warm up and half an hour later she was whining to go back out for more play. She was gobbling the snow, couldn't seem to eat enough of the stuff!

We'd both love winter nearly year-round!

·
Registered
30,381 Posts
Like a maniac. She doesn't do well in hot weather with her black coat but loves the cooler temperatures.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts