German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading through this excellent thread about the genetics behind GSD colors and patterns, and saw the question raised of how Timo acquired his particular coloration.

I had previously looked at the pedigree for Shasta and Thor's sire, Boss, and wondered the same thing. Boss and Shasta are patterned sables. I confess to being abysmally ignorant on the matter of these pedigrees and to my uneducated eye, I can't see that he remotely resembles any of his ancestors, so to repeat the question from the post title, how does this happen?

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
I was just reading through this excellent thread about the genetics behind GSD colors and patterns, and saw the question raised of how Timo acquired his particular coloration.

I had previously looked at the pedigree for Shasta and Thor's sire, Boss, and wondered the same thing. Boss and Shasta are patterned sables. I confess to being abysmally ignorant on the matter of these pedigrees and to my uneducated eye, I can't see that he remotely resembles any of his ancestors, so to repeat the question from the post title, how does this happen?

It looks to me like Boss' dam is a dark patterned sable as well.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess so...I never really picked up on that because I don't think she looks anything like Boss.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts