German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want my cousins Rott to stay off of my bed and out of my room.

She lets him sleep on her bed and I am ok with that but now he thinks he can jump on my bed and drool on my bed whenever he wants to and I am definitly not ok with that.

So how do I teach him that my room is completely off limits without having to shut my door?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
lol

our bedroom and bathroom doors are always shut if were are not around or even if we just jump in the shower.

Mandi would sneak on the beds. Cody would eat/chew clothes or the TP in the bathroom lol

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
tall baby gate? One of those pads that you plug in to keep them off furniture, lay it in the doorway of your room??

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tall baby gate? One of those pads that you plug in to keep them off furniture, lay it in the doorway of your room??
I have 2 heavy baby gates but honestly, that wouldn't stop him, he's like a bulldozer!

I want Sin to be able to get to his crate, it's the only place he'll lay down and take a nap. His crate door is always open for him.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok Laren...now explain why you can't shut the door, block it or put a deterrent in front of it. :)
I need something with a weigh alarm or something! Biff is heavier than everyone else. The alarm needs to go off when he steps into my room.

Now can someone create this device please!

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And the cats hide in the room as a getaway from Biff.
Exactly! He cant fit under my bed, fit behind my dresser or get into my closet to reach them. :crazy:

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
whenever he even goes near your room, correct him. He cant even think its okay to LOOK at your bedroom door much less go near it. I cant agree with the static matic because he would learn to jump over it and it would also prevent the cats and your dogs from going into their place. baby gates wouldnt work either again because he could either jump it or plow through. really all i can think you can do is correct whenever he goes near your room. You basically have to make your room a VERY bad place to be. given the way he's stubborn about the humping Sinister and obviously just generall brattyness, your room can be the greatest place in the world for your animals but for Biff it has to be the worse possible place he could be. VERY unfriendly room.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
a friend of mine ran a piece of invisble fence wire across her stairs to prevent her dogs from going upstairs, of course you have to get the collar for HIM, it won't affect the other animals if they aren't wearing the collar

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
a friend of mine ran a piece of invisble fence wire across her stairs to prevent her dogs from going upstairs, of course you have to get the collar for HIM, it won't affect the other animals if they aren't wearing the collar

thats actually a very awesome idea.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For those of you that were interested in owning a Rottweiler, they are pretty much disgusting.

All Biff does is drool and fart.

I'm not talking a little slobber here or there, I am talking buckets full.

His farts clear the room and are probably the worst farts I have ever smelt. It's constant farting. :sick::sick::sick:

I will never own one. NEVER.

·
Registered
32,553 Posts
But you also have to train him. You can't just zap him whenever he gets near the room. You need to come up with a command. "stop" may be good. Train him just like you would outside on an e-fence. You walk them around the perimeter and when they step over, you correct them or lure them. Whichever.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
I second this!

Thanks everyone! Great ideas, that'll teach that big fatty to bully my babies!

just make it very clear to your cousin that if she doesnt agree she's welcome to rehome him or leave. and that collar had better always be turned on (personally i would recommend the highest shock setting but i also hold a grudge). You may also be the one checking the battery on it all the time too.

·
5,627 Posts
His farts clear the room and are probably the worst farts I have ever smelt. It's constant farting. :sick::sick::sick:
Your cousin might want to consider feeding a different food. Something is not agreeing with him if he is farting that much. Raven has farted once in three years.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts