German Shepherds Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Maybe I need to knock on wood before saying this lol, but my boy turned 5 months on the April 21 and he really does not shed that much, I see a few hairs every now and then on the wood floor but that's all. I am very OCD over my house though so maybe I just clean so much I don't notice. I have had a golden retriever in the past he would shed way more than my GSD does. Hopefully it stays this way.

·
Registered
27,279 Posts
5 months is too young to start shedding...the pup is still getting in the adult coat. If anything, you may see some of the puppy coat coming out, but that usually turns into the undercoat and doesn't really shed out. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

·
Registered
51 Posts
I keep up with the place the best I can. As for friends/family, I simply tell them, if you don't like or can't deal with my dogs, stay at a motel. This is my home and they're my dogs and that makes it their home.[GET OVER IT!!!

·
Registered
27,279 Posts
thats why puppies are so cute! So the shedding when they are older is forgiven. Your's in your profile pic is just adorable!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Tile floors and a good vacuum. We own two: a Miele heavy duty vacuum for the thorough jobs and a lightweight, Eureka upright battery powered one we keep charged in the closet for quick and easy Fur Patrol on a daily basis for the downstairs (where guests are).

Good food for the dog helps, too. Olive oil and flax in their quality kibble, is what we do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My dogs are cleaner than the house and we are all happy.
I would love to switch my dogs with yours. lol! My dogs are new to the home, and never take care of cleanliness and the usage of spin mops has drastically been increased to keep the home clean. Maybe I'm struggling to train them properly. Hopefully, will make them as a cleaner as your dogs soon to live happily.

·
Super Moderator
5,127 Posts
dogs and clean floors simply don't go together. We come in and take off our shoes. The dogs just bring in the dirt. You could have a mat for them to wipe their feet. I've seen people train this. You could trim excess fur growing between their toes. But mostly I just keep on sweeping and mopping. It is part of having bigger dogs.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts