German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ugly ears alert. :cool:

So! How do you call these marking? I was wondering ! :) And will he still change colors? He didn't had the ' beige ' marking in his hips before.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Black & Tan, looks like a saddleback pattern rather then a blanketback if his hips continue to turn tan :)

·
Registered
717 Posts
I would say (color) black and tan (markings) blanket-back with (facial markings) reverse mask.

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
Is he purebred? I'm asking not because of the ears, but because of the head and muzzle shape, the lack of angulation in the back legs, and the tail.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
His dad was a pure bred German Shepherd dog ( working line ) and his mother was a German Shepherd / Lab mix

That's why his musle is large and that his ears are flopped :)

So 75% GS and 25% part Black Lab :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha :) But overall, what do you guys think of his anatomy? *not really based on GS standard of course* to me he has a lack of musculation, he looks feminine xD

·
Registered
308 Posts
he is very handsome. I'm not sure if mixes change color or have the same color pattern names. I love his color it almost makes him look like a doby. I love it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well since he isn't going to show or anything, it's not really a big problem :) I just wanted to have an idea on how you called the marking :)

But thanks!

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
Overall, he looks very handsome and in good condition. I like how proud and confident he looks.

His coat pattern would be called a Blanket Black and Tan.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I like him- I don't think he looks particularly feminine. he looks very athletic like a pointer type.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts