German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31,946 Posts
It is a typical back-yard breeder. Not terrible, not good. The chain is not hurting her, the area does not seem filthy. It must be warm enough for young puppies to be outside there. I have some that are 3 weeks old today, and they are NOT outside. But then, it was snowing this morning. The 9 week old pups can go in and out on their own at this point.

She is only asking 100$ for the pups. She doesn't know why they are different colors. I mean, most of us would pass on this breeder, but if she is only asking 100$ and has the dogs vet checked, first shots, and bought bowls and stuff as a starter kit, then it isn't like she is going to come away with a bundle of money when all is said and done and she is not going to rake in the cash and breed again from her cash cow.

It isn't about that to her. That doesn't mean what she is doing is good. But if someone wants a GSD and has little to no money to buy one, I wouldn't worry about them buying one of these little guys. Usually, we say to buy from a pet store or byb will encourage them to keep breeding. I just do not see that as the case. The pups need homes.

I do not see anything illegal in that photo.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I'd be banned if I wrote what I really thought. I'll just leave it at that.

·
Registered
31,946 Posts
I'd be banned if I wrote what I really thought. I'll just leave it at that.
You should be banned for a response like that.

C'mon say what you think, just leave the colorful language out of it. It is actually a little fun to write exactly what you think without breaking any board rules.

I do not think the photos are terrible. A bitch with pups shouldn't be chained, really. But it is possible that the bitch and pups are not outside constantly. That bin in the middle looks to be what they tote them back and forth in.

It really is nice for dogs to be outside some of the time, yes even puppies.

The bitch looks a little thin, but that is a large litter she is feeding and some bitches lose coat and condition more than others.

The bitch seems to have plenty of room to move around.

It is not like a puppy mill where the dogs are kept in tiny cages full of fecies or in rabbit hutches. Would I buy a dog there? No. But I would imagine Animal Control would leave them be.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Well, fortunately for me then, you're not a moderator nor an administrator.

I don't approve of the conditions under which it seems these animals are living.

·
Registered
27,268 Posts
CL post was deleted by the author.

·
Registered
27,268 Posts
German Sheppard puppies sorry its 915-408-9668 (will meet in el paso)hi my female had here first litter if puppies she had 4 girls 4 boys the bottom pic with the puppies is here and the other one is the male German Sheppard dont now way the puppies came out different colors because no other dogs can get in my ranch. byt they have the mouth of a German Sheppard ok well am asking 100 each to cover shots with record in hand vet check and a puppy starter kit like bowls leach collor toys treats food shampoo brush nail cliper and much more they are 6 weeks

All I can say is I hope it is the last litter of Sheppards this poor dog has.... :(

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
German Sheppard puppies sorry its 915-408-9668 (will meet in el paso)hi my female had here first litter if puppies she had 4 girls 4 boys the bottom pic with the puppies is here and the other one is the male German Sheppard dont now way the puppies came out different colors because no other dogs can get in my ranch. byt they have the mouth of a German Sheppard ok well am asking 100 each to cover shots with record in hand vet check and a puppy starter kit like bowls leach collor toys treats food shampoo brush nail cliper and much more they are 6 weeks

All I can say is I hope it is the last litter of Sheppards this poor dog has.... :(
I personally just think they should be kept in a better place? But people will have their opinions.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
I think it's sad:( I just keep looking at that pile of puppies and even tho I know they aren't, they just look dead to me:(

Every dog/puppy deserves a good home I hope they can all find one.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Diane, I had to do a double take when I viewed the pics, it was my first thought as well, they look like dead puppies. I do find the pictures very sad, I can't help it.

·
Registered
27,268 Posts
I find sad the posters ad....they obviously are ignorant to the breed(let alone breeding) and the dogs are the ones to suffer. Education is easy, so sad that people won't even try to learn for the betterment of the animals and whatever else they bring into the world...but then maybe English isn't their native language.

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
The Mom looks REALLY thin. I can see her ribs and I think those are her hip bones (by the light patch of fur).

Puppies trying to nurse while lying in sand?? VERY bad.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
BYB, on the lower end at that, and if you're a responsible breeder/owner who cares about the welfare of the breed you would not be supporting this. It's a major slap in the face to the people out there working hard to do things the right way. Everything is wrong with this picture. Who wants to bet that these puppies are not being sold with any breeding limitations? Who wants to bet that this person will sell to any joe blow off that shows up with a smiling face and a puppy or three will end up too much for a buyer to handle and end up on the streets or in a shelter? The vicious cycle of ignorance, lack of education, and dogs suffering will continue when people like this are paid to perpetuate it. If you want a cheap dog go to a shelter or rescue and don't **** the breed even more by lining these pockets.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
What I find sad is, that the poster said its her first litter. implying she'd have more. Not that the puppies look underfed or anything. I personally wouldnt breed my dogs because I think it would be too expensive with xray and vet costs. My vet costs alone with my shih tzu are enough to buy a used car, sometimes ranging in 1,500 a pop just because they thought she had pyrometria, when she was only constipated.

God forbid I had bred her and a puppy got stuck at 3 in the morning I can only imagine what that bill would look like and no way would I leave her like that.

To the responsible breeders here hats off to you, you must do it for the love of the breed, and not the money.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
What I find sad is, that the poster said its her first litter. implying she'd have more. Not that the puppies look underfed or anything. I personally wouldnt breed my dogs because I think it would be too expensive with xray and vet costs. My vet costs alone with my shih tzu are enough to buy a used car, sometimes ranging in 1,500 a pop just because they thought she had pyrometria, when she was only constipated.

God forbid I had bred her and a puppy got stuck at 3 in the morning I can only imagine what that bill would look like and no way would I leave her like that.

To the responsible breeders here hats off to you, you must do it for the love of the breed, and not the money.
You're giving BYBs too much credit. I've seen someone post on another forum about their bitch going into labor and it was really late so they just left her alone and hoped for the best as they went to sleep.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
They are obviously not responsible breeders. But honestly, I have seen much worse on craigslist for much more money.

·
Registered
929 Posts
thoughs puppies look dead.. and the poop mama looks like a bag of bones

1 - 19 of 19 Posts