German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 7mth old male German sheperd pup that plays too ruff with my malties dog and the kitten, He constantly hits his head in the house. He has a nipping problem with the pets but not humans?? I'm worried he might injur or kill the kitten he bites the dog and shakes his head while biting!!! Plz help!!!:help:

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Step in and stop the play before that happens, you can keep Shadow leashed in the house for now so you always have control. When he plays too rough he gets a stern "no" and removed from the play. He'll learn quickly that unless he plays nice he doesn't get to play at all

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Ranger would play really rough with our older dog (11.5 years old). Our older dog is his size so it wasn't quite as dangerous, but I was still worried that he would hurt Buzz. What I did was teach Ranger a "gentle" command. Now when I see Ranger picking up speed as he races across the yard to tackle Buzz I say "Ranger, be gentle with Buzz." And it works. I was really surprised that it worked but it did.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a GSD that just turned 1. She came to us at 10 1/2 months. We already has two Shih Tzus'. The GSD now thinks the smallest ShihTzu is her toy and i think she gets too rough with her but my husband says the little one will let her know if she is too rough. I just do not like the GSD putting her entire mouth over her head! She is still needing basic obedience training also. So she does not listen very well yet and does not back off and stay very well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts