German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a registeration number given to me by my breeder as my puppys father is registered with the Canadian Kennel Club. Id like to get papers from them so I emailed the website and have not received a response.

How do I even confirm the number with them as well? Thank you.:confused:

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
if you want to pm me the breeders contact I can help them through the process in case it is a first time for them.

here is what they need to do .

first they need to register the litter , then register YOU as the owner (transfer to you)

Provide you with the Canadian Kennel Club certificate.

then you will purchase a 3 generation certified pedigree from the Can Ken Club .

I do all this for ease of AKC transfer for my exports .

When you get the certified pedigree , you will then submit the original certificate showing yourself as owner AND the original certified pedigree to YOUR American Kennel Club.

You are supposed to permanently identify the dog on arrival -- (check with your AKC - I have to do this when I receive a dog from Europe or USA ) . You will have to have some proof as to when dog arrived in USA , so a flight way-bill if dog arrived by air , cancelled cheque - something to prove origin .

After a while the AKC will return the paper work and you will have this dog recognized by CKC and AKC .

giving you a number means nothing.

IF I misunderstood and your dog is USA bred and born by a sire that is CKC , then the owner has to do the normal registration and provide you with papers from AKC .
The Canadian Kennel Club would have no involvement unless the dogs were born on Canadian soil - no matter what the country of origin is of the parents

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
When did you email? I have found CKC to have been very helpful in all my requests, but might take a day or two for them to get back to you.

You can also phone, might be easier to get direct help that way.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
??

The number is long distance as I am in Canada and dont want to pay 5 dollars a minute. I have a Canadian Kennel club registration number. The breeder is in Langley B.C.

If she is registered which i know these are honest breeders, then I just want the papers for her. I have emailed them twice but each time they keep saying they will get back to me in 3 to 5 days and they dont.

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
okay so it is a Canadian transaction all the way .

The number they gave you is the numbers for the dog or the numbers for the litter application?

If you are entering her in a show or obedience trial then you can put the numbers of the sire and dam , and for your dog as individual put PENDING - ask the breeder what name she registered the dog under , points or credits earned will be awarded without problem.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No. I just need papers. Do i register my puppy on my own? The number was confirmed by an email from ckc that it is valid. What is my next step. I asked them and they again have not responded.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts