German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my sable Female GSD for about a year now and hadn’t really worried about papers or ancestery until a little Black and Tan blessing fell into my lap and I got a male GSD a few months back. She is a year and 3 months and he is 6 months old is there anyway to get them both registered and get there family trees to see ancestry? Would love to know they’re type (working line, show line) any and all ideas are appreciated Thanks for all help here are pictures of them. (Echo) my females pictures are the first and (Zeus) my males are second!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m working on that one I’m trying to find contact info for and I’m not for sure of zeus’s breeder. Is that the only way of getting registered and a pedigree?

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
He looks like a backyard bred dog, I wouldn't call him any "line".

Unless you got them from the breeder who produced them, there is no way to ever know anything about their lineage, to my knowledge.

You can't register a dog on looks, if that's what you mean?

If he just wandered up, or I'm not sure where he came from? You could try scanning him for a chip. Sometimes breeders chip puppies or his previous owner may have chipped him and could tell you where he came from?

·
Registered
5,042 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,716 Posts
I’m working on that one I’m trying to find contact info for and I’m not for sure of zeus’s breeder. Is that the only way of getting registered and a pedigree?
In order for your dogs to be AKC registered, both of their parents must be AKC registered. The breeder would then register the litter, and owners could register the individual puppies. Sometimes the breeder will register the puppies prior to sending them home. But in any case, you'd need to get the registration information from whoever you got your dogs from.

Reactions: Stevenzachsmom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just found out my little boy is AKC registered already! Now trying to contact breeders for my female thank you guys for your help

·
Registered
867 Posts
Keep in mind there are different types of registration with AKC, limited or full. So you may also want to check if it matter to you which type they are.

·
Registered
8,284 Posts
Just found out my little boy is AKC registered already! Now trying to contact breeders for my female thank you guys for your help
Just curious. You own these dogs and have for a while. Why is registration important now all of a sudden? I own a beautiful little female who is not registered and it has not impacted her ability to be my little darling one bit.

Also since you asked in your initial post, if you post your boys registered name someone should be able to answer questions about the lines.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Just curious. You own these dogs and have for a while. Why is registration important now all of a sudden? I own a beautiful little female who is not registered and it has not impacted her ability to be my little darling one bit.

Also since you asked in your initial post, if you post your boys registered name someone should be able to answer questions about the lines.
Yeah, I was going to say the same thing...all of a sudden, you're interested in papers?

Are you planning on breeding the dogs? Is that the reason you want the papers?

And no offense, but I was surprised your male is AKC registered because to me, he looks like a mixed...maybe it's just the angle of the photos or it's just me.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Your male is definitely not a well-bred GSD. His eyes are far too yellow and his tail is too short. It almost looks like maybe he had an accident, and lost part of it. He's also sway-backed, and very lacking in angulation in the hind legs.

Those are just the most obvious things that an experienced GSD person would notice about him, and might make them think he's a mix.

·
Super Moderator
9,228 Posts
Zeus looks like a cattle dog in stature.

Reactions: Sabis mom
1 - 13 of 13 Posts