German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So let me set the scene:
Last night I went to bed around 9:45 p.m. and was asleep before 10:15 p.m.! When I went to sleep Minna was secured in her crate, and Sobacca was in bed with me sleeping in his normal spot -- near my legs.

Now, when I woke up to my first alarm at 4:00 a.m. I reached my arm across the bed and felt a dog....except it wasn't Sobacca!! So I hurried to hit the lamp next to my bed so it would turn on!! I was more than shocked when I looked over to find a German Shepherd in my bed!!!! :eek: :eek: I believe the words that came out of my mouth were something to the extent of "where the he!! did you come from??"
Apparently between the nyquil and my exhaustion I went into a coma last night and at some point let Minna out of crate? :confused: Or maybe she turned into Houdini and she broke out of crate?:confused:

I'm at a loss for words trying to figure out how she managed to get out of the crate and get into bed without waking me up. She would have had to jump up into bed and climb over me -- and possibly over Sobacca too -- in order to lay down where she was.

Very, very strange. I kind of wish I had a video camera set-up for last night, because I honestly have no idea what happened. Definitely not mad or upset, Minna is old enough to trust not to do anything too ridiculous in the middle of the night...just confused!!

Thought it was a funny story thought

·
Registered
626 Posts
The Amazing Minna ... Escape Artist Extraordinaire !
She probably felt left out sleeping a cold cage when there's a warm bed cuddling next to Mom ! :D

·
Registered
475 Posts
Perhaps Sobacca let her out, lol. Ha ha ha maybe she has been doing this for a while then sneaking back into her crate before you get up.
Too funny. :)

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm kind of thinking I didn't latch the crate. I know she wouldn't break out of it...or at least she's never tried to.

It definitely was a shock. But no big deal. I hope she doesn't complain too badly tonight when I put her in the crate for bed. Lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts