German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious....can anyone tell by looking at the pups now what color they will end up being? The dam is a saddle back, the sire is a black sable. Any input appreciated!

Im going to try and post a pic of the puppies

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
The breeder should be able to tell you....or are you the breeder?

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Either post pictures of the specific puppy you're looking at or just ask the breeder.

It's kind of hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like you've got a pretty healthy mix of colors in there (some sables, possible bi's, black and tans).

·
5,627 Posts
I see a sable or 2, a black, 2 b&T and one that I can't tell at all. BUT, that's just a glance and I'm not an expert. It'd be better to have full body shots and of course the breeder should be able to tell you.

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
Who is the dam?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is that your thinking from left to right? I know the breeder will be able to tell me. We are going to visit tomorrow morning. I'm just wayyyyy excited and anxious and trying to get as much info as I can ahead of time. Not that color truly matters, making sure he fits with us is most important!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't seem to pull her up on the registry, but she is Thomas' Ariel Azara. I have the registration numbers for both parents

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
They are huge!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We are going tomorrow to do a visit. Its seriously cold here right now, so it very well may be the winter coats. My other gsd girl looks like the stay puff masrhmallow man right now lol! Plus I know the pics aren't that great and it is hard to really tell in them....

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
I'm seeing sable, black, not sure, black/tan, sable (from left to right),,they are BRUISERS!!

·
Registered
906 Posts
They are adorable!! And the parents are huge! I agree with everyone else on the coloring. Don't forget their coats change a bit here and there through puppy hood!

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Is that your thinking from left to right? I know the breeder will be able to tell me. We are going to visit tomorrow morning. I'm just wayyyyy excited and anxious and trying to get as much info as I can ahead of time. Not that color truly matters, making sure he fits with us is most important!

Please keep us updated when you do get your puppy. We all love puppy pics.

That is good thinking it really doesn't matter the color, but which one is a good fit for your family!;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
We bought our two pups 3 months ago, one long hair sable and one black/tan, Rocky our sable was very light biege coloured when he was a couple of months old and half his coat is turning black now and Chico was nearly all black when he was a couple months old and now is black/tan, weird watching their coats change colour as they get older they look like totally different dogs from when we got them, love them to bits :)

·
Super Moderator
32,586 Posts
Looks like 2 or maybe even 3 longcoats. I'd say all sables except for the black one, but it's hard to say without seeing the rest of the bodies.

The parents look to be overweight, but I suppose it could be a heavy winter coat.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts