German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this group and hope to find someone that can help us!!!! We are looking to relocate to the Nashua, NH area and no places allow us to bring our wonderful GSD Roxie!!! I have been searching desperately for a place that will allow dogs larger than 35lbs or that have no breed restrictions!! My girl is 65lbs and a very well trained darling, but some how that does not meet any of the pet restrictions that apparently everyone has in that area. The one place that i found was called Twin ponds and looks amazing, but after reading many many reviews online about the place, it doesn't look like its a safe place to be. So I am desperately asking all of you if you can help us!!! Not taking her is not an option, she is my world and being without her just isn't going to happen. So if anyone out there has some secret info that i have not found please please please please Roxie and us would be oh so very thankful!!

·
Registered
423 Posts
I wish I could help. I would just keep searching on line and doing what your doing.....

Thanx Much for not giving up your dog. Never give her up....

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
I would live in a van down by the river, before I would give my dog up too. I really can't help you, but I wanted to wish you luck on your search.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Start shopping for a house of your own. There is no sense in throwing away money on rent when interest rates are as low as they are.

Mortgage payments are typically less than rent of a comparable apartment.

And with few exception depending upon your location, no one can tell you what you can or cannot do on or with your property or what dogs you can or can't own.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
If she is able, go get her Canine Good Citizen certified (CGC). AKC's Canine Good Citizen (CGC) Program

Don't look at apartment complexes or communities, look for rental properties by private landlords. People renting out second homes are good bets. Be upfront about your dog and you'll find something! Having a CGC makes it easier to 'prove' that your dog is at the very least well mannered enough to convince the evaluator. Since it's 'official' most landlords pay more attention to that than other references.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all!!

Thank you all for your help!!

Finally found an condo that will allow us to bring her!!! There is no way in **** that i would not bring her with me, these people don't understand that she literally is my child!!! & yes i would rather live in a van by the river than not to have her by my side lol ....I was able to find a Realtor that actually has a GSD as well and she was very eager to help us!! GSD owners really are an amazing breed :D We are not ready to buy because we do not know the area at all so we are looking to rent for a year to better get to know the area and the state since we are moving from Jersey to NH, so it would be too crazy to buy a house without knowing anything about the area that would suit us best or if the job is going to work out. We need to move in the next couple of weeks as my boyfriends job starts july 8th!!!

We are looking to make her a therapy dog since i am starting my career as a mental health counselor, but even still these renters told me that since she wasn't a service dog for me they could not allow her in the rental. I do need her for me, she's my sunshine and precious baby lol (idiots)!!

Thank you all again....never give up when someone tells you no!!! Determination gets you what your heart desires! <3

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
great idea thanks!! I was overwhelm with hearing no i was not thinking of the options!! Thank you!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts