German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My female 18 week old GSD weighs 30 pounds & from her back to the floor is 19 inches. Is she small for her age? She's healthy but she just seems on the small side. Everyone states shes big for her age but I just cant tell.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
My 13 week old just weighed in at 28 pounds O: I do have a bigger than normal girl though, she might be a smaller girl, do you know how big her parents were?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Her mom was about average, maybe a little bigger but her daddy was a huge boy!! & she taken after him on her color (solid black)

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
My girl will be 18 weeks on Sunday and she weighs 32lbs and she is just breaking 19 inches at the shoulder

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, my girl will officially be 18 weeks tomorrow & she may weigh more than 30 but its difficult attempting to weigh her at home, because her vet appointment isnt until this coming wednesday! We'll know then :) lol

·
Registered
482 Posts
Zeus, my male from GiantGermanShepherds.com breeder...

was 57 lbs. at the vet the day after his 18th week b-day. He's probably 60 now that he'll be almost 5 months on the 19th.

And, don't get the idea that he's overweight. He has that nice concavity of the abdomen between his thighs and rib cage and the trainer says he's got a perfect shape.

There were a few weeks when he was putting on 1/3rd lb. a day.

I guess he'll be a real giant.

LF

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
at 17 weeks Riley was 40 pounds. He gains about 3 pounds a week. He'll be 18 weeks on Saturday.

This is from today:

·
Registered
27,316 Posts
I kept weekly growth stats on Karlo. I walked him to the vet every Tuesday on my lunch break to have him weighed.
He gained an average of 3# per week(rawfed) til 8 months old
Here is the 18 week stat:
7/07 [email protected] weeks 47.4# -22" last set of shots today, rabies vac. in two weeks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts