German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
My brother had went and picked up 2 female German Shepherds about ~3 weeks ago, they're sisters. He kept one and I kept one. I didn't know he was doing this when he did so I don't have any info on the parents. He said the breeder had AKC papers but like I said I didn't know he was doing this so I wasn't able to ask my own questions.

From the pictures I've seen of other peoples dogs she looks purebred to me, what do you think? It doesn't really matter much to me though if she isn't, it's not like we'd get rid of her if she wasn't. I'm also wondering how big you think she might get because I'm worried of potential health problems later on.

She was born on Jan 5th. So she's almost 3 months. I just weighed her and she's about 31 pounds.

******* 1594 X 2125 sized pics removed by ADMIN - max picture size allowed 800 X 600 *******

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses everybody. Is it almost a guarantee that over sized german shepherds (at least according to the standards) will have hip and other problems or is it more of something you have to wait and see?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am not sure of my pups exact weight but she looks about the same size! I know here brother and sister are 35 and 37 lbs. They were born 22nd of December.

·
Registered
892 Posts
my girl was 34 lbs at just 3 months old. Today at just over 14 months she is at 75lbs I guestimate her to finish up around 80lbs or so.

·
Registered
344 Posts
My girl was 30 pounds at 3 months, and now at 9 month she's 75 pounds. I don't even know what she'll end up being. But like Cheyanna said, wait and see and keep her nice and lean, with plenty of exercise, she'll probably be pretty big tho. You should up load the correct size picture of her :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts