German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
14,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've done this before but there are a lot of new folks and I always find this fascinating!

How big is your house?
How big is your yard?
How many GSDs (Or dogs?)

·
Registered
14,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
House - 900 sq feet
Yard - aprox 7,000 sq feet

Just Dante for now, but eventually will be 2

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
House - is approx 1,100 sq feet + a finished basement
Yard - my lot size is 60 x 106 (small) + A huge field across the street...

I currently have 3 but I think I can fit a few more

This thread reminds me once again that I need to win the lottery...

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
House around 1,400 square feet
Yard - 150 X 100, Fenced 150 X 55

Currently have 2 of my own and one foster

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
House around 1800 square feet

Fenced Yard - 2.5 acres

1 GSD , 1 Weimeraner/Lab Mix Mutt

·
Registered
79 Posts
House is about 2500 square feet
Fenced yard for dogs is about 6000 square feet
(Total is about 5.5 acres)
Just one GSD right now, but looking for another one or two to replace two old GSD's that died in the past few months.

·
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch
13,571 Posts
House is a 2500sq ft 2 story, plus a finished basement adding another 1000sq ft or so.

Yard is 10 acres. About 1/8 acre is fenced as the dog turn out/potty/play yard. The dogs have access to the rest of the property when we're out with them to supervise, except for the 4 acres or so that is fenced off for our horses (and the dogs have to stay out).

We have 6 GSDs, 2 horses, and 2 cats.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
House is almost 2500 square feet
Fenced yard is about a quarter acre
Only Molly right now, but still hoping for a second GSD in the future.

·
Registered
388 Posts
1300 square ft
half acre yard, not fenced
1 GSD for now.

Having a house built on three acres that will definitely make me look at the situation again.

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
Fence is U shaped set back 15 feet into a 6000 sq ft lot, less 1000 feet for the foundation size so I figure it's about 3500sf. Then less the garden and the swingset it's close to 2500sf.

When Luther was still with us, it was fine for 2 GSDs with a little creative fencing behind the garden. Morgan in her secret lair

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
House is about 1300 sqf. Our lot is about 1/4 acre so the yard is not that big. We have 2 GSD's...
We have a couple of baseballfields close by where I can take the dogs for a good run.

·
2,967 Posts
House- About 1400 sq feet +1 car garage

Yard- None. We live in a condo on a golf course, so lots of walks and there's a field down the street.

Dogs- 2 GSDs (and 2 cats)

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
House 2,000 sq ft. I don't know the yard size but it's small. I live in the burbs so it's nothing but houses, houses, and more houses. Bah!

We have 2 GSD's 1 Beagle and a cat.

·
Registered
964 Posts
House is definately under 2000.00. Probably under 1000.00 but we do have 20 acres. Needless to say we are outside the majority of the day.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
House is 8,600 square feet. Fenced backyard is 2 acres. Total lot size 4 1/2 acres.

... just Cooper and Ava. No other furr children. (unless you count the Golden Retriever that lives at the begining of the neighborhood and breaks out of his invisible fence to come visit me on a daily basis :)

·
Registered
529 Posts
3300 square feet
2 acres--fenced
2 dogs

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Our house is about 1700 sq ft.
We have probably about 1/3 acre that is actually cleared for yard, etc.
We have Rocky. Someday would like to have two but life doesn't allow for that right now.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
House 1800 sq ft with basement plus attached garage that is 840 sq ft where they hang out in crates till they dry if its raining or snowing out. We live on 17 acres, have a 100 by 26 fenced play area but the GSDs don't hang out there much, most of the time I just go out with them. We live about 1/8 mile + back from the road. We have lots of exercise room. We have 2 GSDs in the house and 3 senior lg breed dogs that live in an outside heated kennel.
The dogs love it and so do I.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts