German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Are you letting her out throughout the night or is she holding it thru the night and then peeing on the floor when you are about to take her out in the morning? If she hasn't gone out all night I would say that is too long and she just can't hold it until she gets outside. If your puggle is housebroken then I would say take Lexie out first before hooking Lyla up. I mean as soon as you open Lexie's crate door, hook her up to her leash and bring her outside with you. As a previous poster said, go out with her and give her a potty command and praise, praise, praise when she goes potty. After Lexie's potties then hook up Lyla for her potty break. The key is to have Lexie on a leash in the house as soon as she gets out of the crate and immediately get her outside.

I also made sure that when my Molly was that young I restricted her water intake. I took her water up at around 7:30-8pm every night and she got no water until the morning. Plus she only ate twice a day. That way I knew when she was eating and knew when to take her potty after eating.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.