German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new pup is 14 weeks. We've had him about 2 weeks. Here's my issue.

I take him out, tell him to "do your business" numerous times. He plays around, eats grass, runs like a nut, etc. After 15-20 mins, I bring him back in, assuming he doesn't have to go. Then he goes in the house.

Happened again this afternoon. Took him out, he peed. Brought him back in. Took him out about 15 minutes later. Was out for 15 minutes. He did nothing. Comes back in and poops in the house!

Am I not leaving him out long enough? Is he just not listening to me? (He goes for my hubby with not problem.)

Any tips would be appreciated!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Is he leashed when you bring him out? Are you crate training? I would leash my pup bring him out give him his potty command if he doesn't go I would bring him inside crate him for 5-10mins and
Bring him out again leashed. Repeat until he goes and when he does puppy party in the yard! Good luck

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was having the same problem so I kept her on a leash for a fee days near me so I could watch her at all times. It seemed like the minute I turned around she would pee. I started walking her w a leash so she wouldn't get distracted and then decided to just keep her tethered to me. The minute she started to sniff I would take her out.... We also crate her if she is not with me or my husband. So far 3 days of no pee in the house:) it took about 21/2 weeks, but think think the first week we were not watching her enough.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
595 Posts
Keeping him leashed until he goes might help. If he goes outside, then you can praise and unleash as reward.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Is he leashed when you bring him out? Are you crate training? I would leash my pup bring him out give him his potty command if he doesn't go I would bring him inside crate him for 5-10mins and
Bring him out again leashed. Repeat until he goes and when he does puppy party in the yard! Good luck
This is what I did with mine. I remember never to give up until he "goes". If I bring him back inside when he hasn't done it yet he WILL do it in the house. Its a pain but with the right method they will learn quick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts