German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
I would try to trim the hairs around the spot because that's supposed to let it air out a little so it can heal. I would also put an E Collar on if he continues to bite/lick because that will just make it worse.

Have you checked him for fleas/ticks? He could also have allergies that have caused this. I started giving my dog salmon oil and that seemed to help her coat condition tremendously.

· Registered
100 Posts
PetCo or PetSmart typically have it, or any other pet supplies place really. I like to use one with a pump so you don't have to measure the amount. Start him out on it slowly, because it can give them runs if you give too much too fast.

I would keep any eye on him though - we left our Golden Retriever who had a nickel sized hot spot on his rear, and when we came back a few hours later it was over 3 inches in circumference. That's when we went to the E Collar until it had healed.

Do you think he could possibly have allergies? It could also be caused by some kind of insect bite.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.