German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Well, this is Becca's solution.
Water Water resources Plant Sky Natural environment

Other than that we have a/c so we go out early and late and stay inside during the hottest part of the day. I hooked up a sprinkler the other day for grandkids and dogs.
Plant Sky People in nature Natural landscape Tree

·
Registered
Jazmine Auf Der Marquis, Reacher Auf Der Marquis
1,715 Posts
With my all black GSDs, feel like Temps of 111, UV of 11.4. We head out at 5 am for activity, during the day it is quick potty breaks and then back to AC, then out for some activity between 9 and 10 pm.

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
It was well over 100 with humidity for a couple days straight here and better but still hot today.
We still did 3 X 20-30 min walks and 1 good 30 minute hike. I cut out fetch but they chased rabbits in the long grass instead :)

The pace may slow down, I let them crash around in the creek and the AC is on inside. They're just fine.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
What a gorgeous property. Seems like a fun place for dogs and kiddos 🙂
Thank you, it isn't fancy but it's my little slice of heaven.
Plant Nature Leaf Botany Larch

We found this tiny nest today lined with German Shepherd hair. ♥

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was well over 100 with humidity for a couple days straight here and better but still hot today.
We still did 3 X 20-30 min walks and 1 good 30 minute hike. I cut out fetch but they chased rabbits in the long grass instead :)

The pace may slow down, I let them crash around in the creek and the AC is on inside. They're just fine.
holy That’s hot! Nice! They always want to run around no matter the weather lol

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So far it’s only been in the high 70s to low 80s but we’re about to hit a hot pocket with temps in the 90s. Swimming season! Also means earlier/ later walks.
Yup! Super excited for the beach this summer got Rex a life jacket, oh yes! evening or early morning walks are the best! One from this evening
Flower Plant Dog Carnivore Dog breed

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
With my all black GSDs, feel like Temps of 111, UV of 11.4. We head out at 5 am for activity, during the day it is quick potty breaks and then back to AC, then out for some activity between 9 and 10 pm.
Yes the sun issue with black dogs! They absorb the heat therefore get hot quickly, I always bring lots of water and try to walk in shaded areas lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts