German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to buy a new lunge whip for the dogs today and found this in the same rack. Looked like something they'd play with so we bought it. They are not 100% sure of it yet, but they did show some interest before Tuke found a ball. Just curious what its called.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't know dogs need a lunge whip? Lol! I believe that is called an over/under whip. One end attaches to the saddle horn and the other is slung back and forth. It's for barrel racers.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Thanks! we had no idea what is was and neither did the cashier, but i knew someone here probably would. It looked like it might work as a good tug toy.

We use the lunge whip as a flirt pole. Someone suggested it here and they work great. the only problem is Ranger will hit/chomp down on the fiberglass portion and break it. So we have to replace it every few months.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I've always heard them called a quirt. Over/under is a new one on me.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks! we had no idea what is was and neither did the cashier, but i knew someone here probably would. It looked like it might work as a good tug toy.

We use the lunge whip as a flirt pole. Someone suggested it here and they work great. the only problem is Ranger will hit/chomp down on the fiberglass portion and break it. So we have to replace it every few months.
Not a bad idea on using the lunge whip for a flirt pole. I might get more use out of it with my dogs then with my horses!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts