German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jupiter has a habit of coming up when I'm on the computer and hopping his front paws up on my lap, which is a bit of a load at 80+ lbs. He mostly just sits there and I usually pet him. Then he'll hop his paws on my shoulders/chest and lick me. At that point, I'll put him down and then he'll go off to lay down. What does such a behavior mean?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Rio does this to me too when I’m sitting in the recliner. I realize it’s kind of rude behavior, but it’s makes me laugh and I tell him he’s too big to be a lap dog. I scratch him and as long as he doesn’t step ON me or get too obnoxious I tolerate the attention.

·
Banned
1,255 Posts
What Steve said. My dogs do this to DH constantly, and he gets annoyed when they won’t stop. They won’t stop because they know if they keep pestering you, they get attention! I have an up command. The means I’ll tell whatever dog (mostly Lyka) I want to have some cuddles, they are allowed up in my lap. I have a chair the size of a love seat for just that reason. But if I’m not asking for it, they don’t get it, and I’ll immediately give them the off command. They all learned quickly not to bug mom, so they go bug DH instead while I sit peacefully in my chair ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Lucky you. Our GSD is sort of keep to herself kind of dog. Never craves attention or asks to be pet. Only comes over with toys so you can play with her. Never cuddles either....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts