German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
she isnt a gsd, she is a shelter mutt (supposedly husky/pit) that is 17 years old that i adopted Easter Weekend(well she originally was a foster but who would adopt a 17 yr old dog lol so she is mine now), i couldnt see her sitting in the shelter so i took her home. no dog belongs in a shelter especially the seniors... i wish more people would give senior dogs a chance, they are soooo easy to care for and to have someone to love them at the end of their life makes all the difference..

and yes, she barks like this for food, going outside,going back inside, attention...

she can run, and gives the younger dogs a run for their money..

Honey - YouTube

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
awwwwwww what a sweetie, and boy she is pretty spry for 17 years old!!!!!

Bless you for taking her in , she looks VERY happy!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Aww, look at her Go! My Mattie barks at me like that. I love it when the old ladies have a little attitude!

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
she looks great for 17. was there any info on this old girl when she came into the shelter? I cant believe someone would abandon their dog, so sad. thanks for giving this old lady a home in her final years, bless you

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
She gets around pretty good for and old girl. That is really great that you opened your heart up for her to live the rest of her life happy, as they all should be able to.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
all the shelter told me is that she was returned to the shelter at 12 when her first owner died, and was adopted out to the next owners for 5 years, then they went to get her from the 2nd owners as the owners new landlord wouldnt let her stay . thats what i was told. she is such an easy keeper and really does get around pretty good ..

thank you. i am a sucker for the seniors lol...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts