German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
I love love love using coconut flour! The only downside is the amount of eggs you have to use, but the stuff is really tasty and healthy - easy to digest and easy on the digestive system. I wrote one recipe for my blog that had three ingredients, it is the one I repeat the most.

INGREDIENTS

• 1 cup of coconut flour
  • 1 cup of all natural peanut butter
  • 4 eggs
DIRECTIONS

1. Combine coconut flour, peanut butter and eggs in a mixing bowl.
  2. Mix thoroughly.
  3. Shape into 1-inch balls or roll out and cut shapes with a cookie cutter.
  4. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for 17-20 minutes
I make it with whole wheat flour when I don't have coconut flour on hand, and change it to 2 cups of whole wheat flour instead of 1 coconut f. Hunter loves both, but I swear he drools a little more for the coconut flour version.
This looks like a recipe worth making

·
Registered
153 Posts
I love making my own dog treats.
I have a dehydrator, and I will get some raw chicken livers, boil them for like 10-15 minutes,cut them up into smaller pieces, and then pop them into the dehydrator for a few days.
Another one is I will take some raw fish, usually salmon and white fish, put them into a blender so it's like a paste, sometimes I have to add a little bit of water. Then I pop it on a parchment lined cookie sheet, and pop it in the oven on 250 for like 5 hours, sometimes more depending on how thick it is. Bake until crunchy, and then you can break it up, like doggy glass candy lol
The last one is cut up some Bar S brand hotdogs into small pieces, smaller than you think will be good, because they will puff up. Put them on a parchment lined cookie sheet, in the oven at 350 for like 2 or more hours. My dogs like them black (I have some weird taste) But that also makes them so they don't have to be refrigerated, so win win lol

21 - 22 of 22 Posts