German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made this for my dog & a few friends dogs as well.
Made the rope chain at the bottom for when the dog wants to chew on it. Maybe it will delay its destruction.

What do you think?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a small pet store wanting me to make some for them as well. What do you think would be a fair MSRP for these? $20? $24.99? They are really tough. I tested one the other day with 400 LBS the other day. Didnt stretch much or break. Weight 6 oz Length 6'

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
I think it is really cool but that was one thing that popped into my mind, is will the clasp hold a lunging dog? As far as pricing I would check out some merchants in your area and see how much they are charging for just regular leashes. I would definitely pay extra for a leash like the one you have made.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Hmm... Interesting
I like the panic snap for certin situations, like if you are training in home with a dog teathered to you. I think $20 is too much for a 6' leash though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The clasp will hold. Its made for horses & cows. I love the panic snaps. I could make it the same price for an 8' as well. I guess Ill have to do some more research. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
All leashes I look for need to be comfortable to hold in your hand and if your large dog lunges it won't cut into your hand like some small thin leashes do. I also look for a lead that had a separate loop down by the dog so if you have to have him very close to you, you have a loop there to hold him as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts