German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got this german shepherd Schwarz from a homeless guy, the puppy had 3month old he was underweight and anxious for some reason, Now he is an 8 months tub of love, can someone tell me if he's a gsd/malinois mix or what kind of gsd he is ?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
He looks all GSD to me. The only way to get an educated idea is to do an Embark DNA on him. But if it doesn't matter to you, it would only be throwing away money that you could have used on fun outings with your dog :)

Was the homeless man giving away puppies his own dog had? Or was it his dog he couldn't care for?

I am asking because there was a poor homeless guy in our town that had a female husky mix. She kept having pups and he would just give them away as people showed interest. He would go to the park and hang out, give the puppies to kids who would go home and have to do the "can we keep him??" dance with their parents. When we were about 19 we all chipped in and took his girl to get spayed, then returned her to him. When he died one night, she came right to the block where we hung out. Weird.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately these two past days his eating habit became mediocre he became a lil bit lazy and his white become red

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Please take him to the vet! That is NOT normal, and his sudden lack of energy probably means he isn't feeling well!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took him to the vet and everything seems fine for now he just had a minor infection here is he "posing" like the hero he is

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took him to the vet and everything seems fine for now...
Hiya, how’s he doing now? I bet he’s grown so much...do u have a new pic u can post? He does look like a GSD, ask your vet or one of their associates as their guess would be a good one. Still just that though, a guess, but what really matters is he’s happy, healthy, well taken care of, and very much loved. You definitely sound like you have that all covered quite well 💕!!! Best of luck🍀 to you both. We lost our baby GSD Maverick, age 4, to lymphoma last year. It was unexpected, sudden, and utterly devastating. Please, please cherish your baby every moment, because you really never know how many your gonna be blessed with. We still miss him daily, but are now ready to add a new member to our family again...a GSD puppy we’re gonna call “Wolf”, for short, at the beginning of April. I hope he’s as sweet as your little guy is💞!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts