German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have one dog and will be getting a brand new puppy in about 7 weeks! I've been doing a ton of research and I'm still feeling a little overwhelmed with this whole raw feeding thing. I know it seems rather simple but there are a ton of options out there, and I'm trying to keep the cost at least similar to what I've been paying with feeding dry food (if possible). If anyone has pointers/tips as to whether feeding actual animal "parts" is significantly more beneficial to feeding one of the pre-made frozen types of raw foods and supplementing with bones, I would greatly appreciate it! So far, I've been looking at Honest Kitchen, Bravo, Nature's Variety and Primal... but it all seems SO expensive! Thanks a lot everyone!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Well, homemade RAW, when done right is more affordable, Unless you are getting a steal on the premade. With premades they can add in anything (pretty much) some have just meat and bone, some have meat only, some have meats, fruits and vegetables..... Most that feed a raw diet don't feed those things. And when things come in a tube, patties, blocks... etc. Then you don't know the quality of their food. When I buy from the butcher (human) I know he is eating the same thing that I would eat, only raw.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts