German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My 4 year old has always been the best boy when I’m not home. Never a problem. But lately, I’ve had to spend more nights away and he’s by himself. After a couple days, he will express his frustration very specifically. He has started to chew a few things up, but only things he’s seen me use and never anything expensive. It’s funny how he chooses but not acceptable. So what, if anything that isn’t just a chew toy, has proven effective. He owns stock in bones lol. I’ve looked at a treat dispenser with a camera and voice. He’s has treat puzzles that he solves stupidly fast. So, just curious. Thanks.

·
Registered
892 Posts
The only toys I trust with my GSD when leaving him alone are black Kong toys and Goughnut. They're extremely durable, bounces funny (keeps him engaged) and I trust that those toys wouldn't splinter or break.

·
Super Moderator
6,121 Posts
He's chewing things with your scent to help him cope with his anxiety.One idea is to store a few things he's allowed to chew in your laundry hamper so they remain saturated with your scent to leave with him.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I have had 3 black kong toys (the large ball, the classic and the bone-shaped) and a tug goughnut extreme since he was under 1 year old (he's now just over 2 and a half), those toys are still intact.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts