German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to share this.....

So, tonight I am sitting in the office on the computer and I heard a thump, thump, thump, coming from the TV room. It is a very familiar, thump, thump, thump sound, as I have heard it plenty of times before. I know its Mikka playing with her ball on the steps. She brings the ball to the top of the stairs and lets the ball bounce down the steps. She watches the ball go down the steps, and then she runs down the stairs, gets the ball, and brings it back up to the top of the steps and repeats the process.

This went on for several minutes. However, the thump, thump, thump sounded a bit louder than usual so after the 3rd time I decided I had better get off my butt and go she what she’s up to. Well, sure enough, she is at the top of the stairs ready to release the “ball”. But, it’s not a ball she’s has been playing with, it’s an acorn squash! Somehow she smuggled an acorn squash into the house from the garden!

What a little stinker!

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
LOL That is very creative of her she was expanding her sensory experience showing how smart she is. Zoe does it with the ball all the time, but squash not yet- she apparently lacks sophistication,lol

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:rofl: Love it!
Was it your dog that woke you up one night dropping it's bone down the stairs? (or was it her ball?)
Yes she has woken us up because she's playing on the steps but I dont remember writing about before....:crazy:

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
lol Shasta has started doing that. She'll grab something, run upstairs with it and throw it back down and then you hear THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD SKITTER SKITTER (she tries so hard to get her footing on the linolium!) WHAM (hitting the wall at the bottom of the stairs) and K THUD KTHUD KTHUD as she races back up the stairs to do it all over again.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Molly does this with lemons that she steals off our lemon tree.lol. She doesn't bring them in the house, but will play with them as if they were tennis balls.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
That is hilarious! I swear what they do not come up with sometimes. This morning at darkthirty I hear Max outside doing that high pitched bark. I was like I better go see what he is doing. He was playing with a large rock and he was barking at it as he rolled it across the lawn! He is such a dork :p

It is real quiet in here, better go see what those two are up to now!

·
Registered
420 Posts
That's awesome. I love the things these dogs do.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
HAHAHAHAHA! That is a riot!

·
Registered
686 Posts
A great example of why we keep them. Even though they are a pain in the but at times, they are always good for a laugh. Bo likes to play with pumpkins!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A great example of why we keep them. Even though they are a pain in the but at times, they are always good for a laugh. Bo likes to play with pumpkins!

Yep! And it’s hard to scold her too, as it did take some creativity, on her part, to come up with the idea! Plus, I thought it was pretty darn funny!

Also I should add - in case anyone is wondering - unfortunately, most of our acorn squash did not get very big this year :(, which is why she was able to crab it (and carry it) in her mouth. Had it been too much bigger, I don't think she would have been able to pull it off.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Bo has a gaping black hole of a mouth. The pumpkin he was carrying and playing with was about the size of a mini soccer ball. The kind they make for little kids.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Kira did something similar to this one time.....all of her balls that I buy her are a little bigger then tennis balls, forgot the brand, but they are all orange. One day, my girlfriends dad brang over a big bag of oranges from his garden, and I put them in a basket on the ground in the kitchen. That was a big mistake. When I tell Kira to go get her ball, she'll run and find her ball and either entertain herself for a while or bring it to me, depending on her mood. Well I was studying, and gave her the command, and she did not come back, well.....I realized my mistake 30 mins later when it was too quiet, Kira must have thought she died and gone to heaven with the big basket of balls for her that tasted amazing when she bit them hard. Aaaaaand I had a mess to clean.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts