German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi yall,
I've been pulling a lot of ticks off Gandalf lately, we love hiking in the woods but not all the things he brings home with him! Does anyone know of any holistic ways to repel ticks that actually work? Not worried about lyme we live in Florida.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Hi yall,
I've been pulling a lot of ticks off Gandalf lately, we love hiking in the woods but not all the things he brings home with him! Does anyone know of any holistic ways to repel ticks that actually work? Not worried about lyme we live in Florida.
Thanks!
Well, you should worry about Lyme. It's spreading and there are cases in Florida. It's also extremely prevalent in Pennsylvania. Research is also showing Lyme bacteria is now being found in fleas and mosquitoes.
Holistically, essential oils repel fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, you should worry about Lyme. It's spreading and there are cases in Florida. It's also extremely prevalent in Pennsylvania. Research is also showing Lyme bacteria is now being found in fleas and mosquitoes.
Holistically, essential oils repel fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes.
Uh oh I hadn't heard about that? We are in central FL, I haven't heard of any cases. What sort of essential oils, that seems kinda vague?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Cedar oil is the most common. Just beware that not all essential oils are the same and bottle labels can be misleading. The cheap ones often contain filler chemicals so less actual oil is in them, though they will often say 100% pure essential oil on the bottle, just means the whatever oil is in there is pure not that everything in the bottle is essential oil.

https://market.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/collections/bug-relief

·
Super Moderator
6,108 Posts
Awesome! Do you spritz it on the dog....? Or he eats it....? :confused:
It goes on the outside,lol!She actually tested it on a live tick.Yuck!The tick wouldn't go near it.You could PM her and ask for the formula.I'm 99% sure it was she who posted about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts