German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
IPWDA is still 2yr, although we in house test for the I between because of the EXTREME difficulty we have in getting master trainers here on the west.. It sucks how hard it is to get them to come.. Especially in the fall or spring, too hot and dry in the summer..

Areli passed her water. 3 others testes5then they reset for Hokhmah. But the reset was within almost the same borders (one side got shifted in about 50ft, and the opposite corner was a out 50ft down as well) and only sat for about 10minutes due to the sun going down and frigid temps.. Definitely not ideal circumstances. Due to the residual odor, at least in my mind, I discounted odor near the last hide... I called it 100ft a way, although she gave finals right over it, she also gave finals where I called it which was the flow of the 5 spring fed lake... Anyhow, we didn't pass and I am not worried.. First, the MT went well out of her way to set up a problem just for her (I am the only one with 2 dogs, well 3 technically but I wasn't going to push my luck and recertify Akivah on water too, lol) especially in 35F temps with the sun going down (it was late dusk), as well as the fact that Hokhmah is 13mos old.... A baby and she still needs work... So while the test was technically not fair, I am not disappointed... I'm so mentally and emotionally drained...

Tomorrow is my last test, Hokhmah trail... 18hr aged... If we pass, we will have passed 8 out of 10 tests with 3 dogs... I'm pooped.. Lol..

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
The boat test does sound rough - moving a hide and then the problem with boat tests is the boat is driving through the odor which clings to the hull and spreads it everywhere. I imagine you had legitimate trace source odor in the water given the nature of the hide. Not just residual....

Sorry she did not pass because of a glitch - for IPWDA water is separate, no? She can still do land? [I think you have to log in now to see the standards]...Beau was 15 his first cert and I selectively deployed him for almost a year (rejected some scenarios I felt needed more work) because he was still "not ready"

I hope you get to take a long relaxing weekend. Somehow I imagine you will get a search call instead because you are so worn out. I can't even begin to imagine testing THREE dogs.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yes she passed her land hrd in the dark., lol! Pitch black and I have flashlight following her. Nailed a buried and a rubble pile.. I will still use her if I need a 2nd dog or 3rd dog to confirm a drowning, but she still needs work as she is excitable.. Very very good, but needs to lose some of the extra 'leakage' of drive to make it easier to read.

She nailed her 18hr aged trail.. Subject was in the wrong place a tenth of a mile from her end spot and off the track!!! We had to air scent into her, lol... So all in all out of 10 tests we passed 8.5 of them. Akivah's HRD land was my fault, nerves on first day of testing, and then a poor correction right over source due to boundaries not being clear and a FRESH deer kill with guts close to the buried hide (not intentional, the deer was killed in between tests by an animal and died within 25ft of the buried hide..).. So I will test NSDA for his HRD and Hokhmah water in the spring...

I am exhausted... Spent.. So are the dogs...

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sabres mom... Hokhmah sends her love to her mommy and is so happy she is proud of her.. Hokhmah is proud of momma Sabre and her accomplishments, and her brother Recon! She's waiting to her about his taking the sport world by storm

21 - 24 of 24 Posts