German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So her first test at 13mos and she nailed it.. Land hrd in the dark no less!! Ran out of daylight and ran the test by flashlight! She still has shoreline and water, trailing and evidence to do yet... So we will see how that goes... Akivah needs to retest HRD as he found one hide but then did a serendipitous jaunt around the next hide but never committed, the turd..... Areli tests tomorrow...

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you... It was a difficult test made harder by the darkness but proud of my baby girl... Now to pass the next 10 tests... Ugh

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once testing is over. I can get back to my blog.. Tons of funny stories ready to be told and a bunch of missions I need to post too

·
Premium Member
4,586 Posts
B R A V O TEAM!!!!!

I've kept up on this TALENTED, DRIVEN girly AND her gifted trainer on Facebook!

Only 13 months old.......WOW....Just WOW!!!

She's doing exactly what she was bred to do!

Also, props to the breeding of the Von Wolfstraum sire and dam and their owner's that produced this litter!

Moms :)

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
Congratulations! and good luck today! Not sure where you are testing, the rain and snow made things "messy" out our way.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Congratulations to the two of you and to Lee for maintaining all the right drives in her breeding program. That is one awesome little girl!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Car2ner LOL!! Thanks!

Moms.. Thanks and absolutely on the breeding... She was born a SAR dog ❤

Thanks everyone... Today has been a sit and wait game.. Not sure if we will even have time to test... Some tests are up to 2hrs long, and both testers have taken the full amount of time... But if we do get to test today, my dogs are ready and raring to go.. 🙂

·
Premium Member
11,131 Posts
:happyboogie: :happyboogie: :happyboogie: :happyboogie: :happyboogie: :happyboogie: :happyboogie:

YIPPEE~~~~~~~~~~~

Big Congratulations!!!

Certainly proud of Hokhmah (Rayne v Wolfstraum).....from her PA dad/family

:congratulations:

Lee and Komet v Wolfstraum (dad)

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hokhmah passed her first part of water HRD, shoreline. It was cold, ice in spots and on opposite side of bank and about 2.5 to 3ft deep in spots.. She crossed the creek, and sat in the water to give her TFR (trained final response)... Good girl! This after sitting in the car all day waiting (she got potty breaks but boring)...

Her next test might be tomorrow for crime scene, but due to having to set new areas for me because I have multiple dogs, it may not happen. So the next for her would be water on the boat, 5lbs of remains in about 30ft of water over 4acres..she has to be within 20ft to pass.. That will be Tuesday, then Wednesday for trailing and somewhere in there evidence..

Areli also passed her shoreline.. Tomorrow is Akivah's area test 40acres and Areli crime scene.. Then Tuesday for trailing and water, and evidence fits in somewhere as well... Akivah needs to retest his HRD land as well... So... Lots of tests remaining.. Ugh.. Hokhmah makes it fun with her enthusiasm

·
Registered
412 Posts
Congratulations! I love seeing the posts about her on the v Wolfstraum Facebook page. You guys are AMAZING!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow! Congrats on getting Hokhmah's first certification! Mama Sabre is beaming with pride. We'll be thinking of you and sending good vibes as you continue to test with Akiva, Areli, and Hokhmah this week.

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
WTG! which CERT are you doing? 5lbs is a LOT in the water but "within 20 feet is closer than I have seen normally the radius = depth on a water search or twice the depth but never less?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
WTG! which CERT are you doing? 5lbs is a LOT in the water but "within 20 feet is closer than I have seen normally the radius = depth on a water search or twice the depth but never less?
It is actually less then 5lbs, and yes it is alot, but IPWDA has a 20ft expectation. Of course the MT can make a judgment call if wind etc are major factors.. For shoreline, it is small source, the lbs are in lake..

I've certified Akivah with NSDA and I believe it was 2x depth. His was 40ft and we were 30ft away.. My first water IPWDA with Areli we were on top of but only about 15ft deep.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
❤❤❤. Hokhmah passed her evidence today in true Hokhmah fashion.. Comically..! The MT tied marking tape to the tall grass (some was 3' tall) on 2 corners to mark boundary; the dirt road was the other boundary. My dogs are scent specific so once I scented her she began ranging, immediately caught odor in the wind (grass was all 10"+ and dense) works around the tape for a bit, and then sits at the flagging tape.. I laugh and reward her as the MT was the one who placed the items and tied the tape, she wasn't wrong. I send her back to work and she catches odor again and we find the rubber coin pouch (yay), she gets her reward. She works again and gets odor at the 2nd corner flagging tape...ok,not rewarding this, get to work and a "good girl" she ranges for a moment and sharp head pop behind and sits at the MT!!! 😂😂😂 She won't leave her! I keep telling her what a good girl but go find more and she tells me I owe her ball, she found the person who lost all the items! 😂😂😂.. Finally get her back to work and she goes to the first tape (all of this is in the wind so blowing odor to her where the small items are nestled deep in the grass and not giving much odor), the tape slips off the grass and falls on her nose as she sits there waiting for her reward... 😂🤬😂🤬🤣🤬...the MT replaces the tape with herself and a helper on the other border.. Hokhmah is frustrated and She gets mouthy and a reprimand. I understand her frustration but she needs to contain and focus..she does and finds the keys, and pen... I'm her mind she found 5 items and the person so a BIG REWARD is in order 😂😂

Areli was the stark contrast.. She calmly walks into her (different) area and with schooled and skilled precision nails the 3 hides (pen, 2"plastic case, key).. Hokhmah will get there 😂

Areli passed her 18hr aged track and crime scene HRD and Akivah his air/area scent tests.. I screwed him up on both his land hrd tests.. Not sure how.. Tired probably.. Still have water (boat) tomorrow with 2 dogs and Hokhmah Trailing, and if time, Akivah's retest for land hrd.. He is solid and has finds... Just me doing stupid stuff.. Hate tests

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
Ah IPWDA has beefed up over the years compared to when I tested under it. Is it still a 2 year cert or did they also make it 1 year?

The radius is definitely different compared to other tests though it is not usually an issue. Hope the boat test goes well. Certifying 3 dogs at the same sounds like an adeventure. Beau is on for his 8th recert in April.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts