German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call yesterday from a friend about a loose GSD. My son and I hopped in the car. You never know what sort of dog you are going to come across in the backwoods of the Ozarks and I was prepared for the worst.

We walked into the place of business to be greeted by the dog they had invited in. I did a double take.

Hogan??

You would have to look close to tell them apart.

This boy does not hold still long, so it was hard to get few shots.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
He's a gorgeous boy!

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
Wow, what a find! I hope his family is missing him and searching. Thankyou for keeping him safe, he is very handsome, looks well fed?

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Just got off the phone with his owner. She has not had him long. She found him wandering the street and never got a lead on the previous owner. I know her. She will come for him in the a.m. Hope he makes it. Seems born to run.

·
Registered
32,553 Posts
She should microchip him immediately so they can find her easier next time! Glad his owner was found, and looking for him. :)

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Well, if he ends up loose again, you can always send him here to Canada! He's a stunner!

Thanks for taking him in!

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This morning.... call from "owner". I actually know her. It is a small town.

She had found this guy about a week ago running in town and wanted to keep him. She so worried about him this week in the frigid temps when he was lost once more that she doesn't want to do that again. She is 70 and her hubby is 80. The dog can not be inside and she has no fence. They also live in a posh neighborhood where an 80lb shepherd running is not going to be popular.

I was glad she came to her senses about the dog. But, now he is HERE!

Another 48 inch crate set up and zip tie reinforced. Furniture moving. Did I mention I live in a two bedroom bungalow??!!

On your next episode of hoarders......

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am fostering him in my own little "rescue", I guess. Need to spend some time with him for evaluation. My vet may be interested in him, but have to determine if he is suitable for young children. Not sure on that one yet.

·
Registered
174 Posts
He is certainly easy on the eyes! If you would like to share your evaluations, I would love to read them. Is he a type that is casually bred and runs wild in your area? He looks like something different--like a dog that was carefully bred--but I don't know a thing yet about conformation. What do you think?

You aren't a hoarder. You are doing a public service taking him in (for him and for vehicular traffic)!:)

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He is the last thing I expected to see stray in my area.

He looks a great deal like my male pictured in my avatar. Hogan is WGWL and I would suspect this fellow is that or has some in him.

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He is beginning to relax some. I must say he does enjoy human company because he carries on when I leave the room. He loves nose scritches through the crate.

My son called him Magnum. I have been calling him Handsome Stranger and Bubbee.:)

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
He is beginning to relax some. I must say he does enjoy human company because he carries on when I leave the room. He loves nose scritches through the crate.

My son called him Magnum. I have been calling him Handsome Stranger and Bubbee.:)

Uh oh!

You gave him a name, that means you have to keep him now! :D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts