German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used one as toy? The ice hockey pucks are generally pretty hard and I was concerned about damaging my dogs teeth.

Floor and roller hockey pucks are a little softer.

I'm Looking for toys to slide on the hardwood so I ... I mean Grim :smirk: doesn't break any more things around the house when his kong bounces

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
Probably ok unless Grim likes to chew on them. A lot of the street hockey pucks/balls are made in china, who knows what materials they use, just be careful and put them up when you are finished playing.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
What about a holee roller ball? It's soft and can bounce around without hurting anything and great for house play. You also never have to worry about it damaging teeth and Delgado has yet to bust one despite his best efforts and we'll play tug with it too! Most petstores carry them

JW Pet Hol-ee Roller Dog Toy - Sale - Dog - PetSmart

·
Registered
332 Posts
What about a holee roller ball? It's soft and can bounce around without hurting anything and great for house play. You also never have to worry about it damaging teeth and Delgado has yet to bust one despite his best efforts and we'll play tug with it too! Most petstores carry them

JW Pet Hol-ee Roller Dog Toy - Sale - Dog - PetSmart
I'm gonna second this! Thor loves it, it's great for indoor play because it squishes, and Thor has yet to be able to destroy it.

I'm sure pucks would be okay toys, but as mentioned below, no clue what's in them and where they're manufactured?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
^ Third those! My kids won't play with them outside, but inside it's GAME ON. I've thrown one directly into my TV at speed and it did absolutely no damage. There was a lot of swearing on my part and a frantic thorough investigation, not a scratch to be had.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ I've thrown one directly into my TV at speed and it did absolutely no damage. There was a lot of swearing on my part and a frantic thorough investigation, not a scratch to be had.
Hahaha, Great!

I'll definitely have to check it out then. I've knocked over 2 decorative candle holders by unintentional bounces so this looks good. In my early 30s and getting yelled at for playing ball in the house is getting old :). I didn't think about where the rubber came from if get a puck so I'll make sure I check that too before I go that route.
Thanks for the Help hopefully I can grab one soon and post some pics

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
Not to be a party pooper but if they are hard I would be concerned if the dog was chewing on them-they could damage the dogs teeth

1 - 9 of 9 Posts