German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
19,190 Posts
when you keep taking in animals you cant afford to care for and they're slowly starving to death i would say its hoarding. I agree with everything everyone else has said. Everyone has a different idea of what its is. I have a friend who thinks i'm a hoarder because i have more than one pet. thats his perception. He doesnt understand how i can manage kids, dogs and cats but its because he isnt in my place. We just spent $400 on our cats vet bill when she got sick and needed fluid drained from her lungs. yes it set us back but she's healthy and happy again and we're rebuilding what we spent. the thing thats funny about his perception is his parents (he lives with them when he's not at college) has 3 dogs and a cat. I'm curious to know what he would say if i brought that up.

· Registered
19,190 Posts
lol he's really a great guy. He just doesnt understand how i handle it all. He is the type of person who believes you have one dog and devote all your time to that ONE dog. He wants a border collie and he's a hugely active person so i think thats a good choice for him. I'm the type of person who has and can handle multiple pets. Even now, my cat Faith is snoring on my shoulder. My dogs are happily snoozing in their kennels in the other room and our other cat titan is probably figuring out how to tease Shasta awake. lol. Some people find it hard to understand those who have multiple pets and pull off all the training. I find it easier to train my younger dogs when my older ones can set the example on whats expected.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.