German Shepherds Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Sometimes, you need to do what is right for you, and I think this was a good decision. Enjoy your little ball of energy, this is what owning a dog should be like.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was going to share my story about a similar situation we had with a hoarder cat rescue, but I see that you have since found a new, loving animal for your life! c':

Best of luck with your new puppy and I'll keep the other dog in my thoughts! I'm sure someone will take him in who can handle him.

It took us almost 6 months before our hoarder rescue cat could trust us, so it IS a very big commitment and I dont think you did the wrong thing at all!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I was going to share my story about a similar situation we had with a hoarder cat rescue, but I see that you have since found a new, loving animal for your life! c':

Best of luck with your new puppy and I'll keep the other dog in my thoughts! I'm sure someone will take him in who can handle him.

It took us almost 6 months before our hoarder rescue cat could trust us, so it IS a very big commitment and I dont think you did the wrong thing at all!
Thanks Gaia. I still feel guilty and worry about the other dog often. My new puppy is a total handful and not the most confident dog either so I am 100% sure I could not have handled the first rescue. I seem to have a weakness to skittishness in a dog but we are both working through it.

And yes I really hope the first rescue finds a good loving home :( One day in the future when I have more confidence I would love to foster or adopt a dog in more need :)

41 - 43 of 43 Posts