German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today it has been rainy and the wind is so strong that I don't dare take Wolfie for a walk or let him play out in the yard. There are trees falling down everywhere. So, that means Wolfie has to play in the house today. Hubby is working a double shift today, and stopped home a little while ago. He said " This house looks like a freight train came through it! " I said " yeah, the Wolfie train!" The throw rugs are all over the place, there are toys and bones all over the floor in every room, he took all of his blankets out of his crate, the pillows off the sofas, and of course the obligatory fur tumble weeds rolling around. UGH! Every time I try to clean it up, he just takes it out again. Hopefully he will lie down somewhere and take a nap. Then I will clean up. LOL!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
:rofl: People say that they are worse then kids and I truly believe that!!!

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It reminds me of the days when I had 2 toddlers at home and they just trashed the house all day, and I cleaned up after they went to bed.

·
Registered
475 Posts
ha ha ha same thing happens here. I pack up the toys, bones etc....turn my back and wallah it's trashed again. Where's Shadow, sitting on the couch looking like "hey I did nothing".

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
sounds like my house every single day. Its a total disaster right now because i just couldnt get the energy or drive to clean up last time. Needless to say the dogs AND the kids were a little confused that the house was still a disaster. At least thought my daughter is old enough to understand when she's told to clean up her toys lol. Still working on it with my son but wont expect much in the way of cleaning from him for a few more months yet. The dogs.... well..... may never have them trained to clean up their toys... lol

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
:rofl: Love Wolfie stories! :)

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I hate rain days!

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
i don't allow the pillows being
pulled of the sofa but the rest
is daily life with a GSD. i'm amazed
by the fur tumbling weeds. i have them
year round, just bigger and a lot more
between April and September.

Today it has been rainy and the wind is so strong that I don't dare take Wolfie for a walk or let him play out in the yard. There are trees falling down everywhere. So, that means Wolfie has to play in the house today. Hubby is working a double shift today, and stopped home a little while ago. He said " This house looks like a freight train came through it! " I said " yeah, the Wolfie train!" The throw rugs are all over the place, there are toys and bones all over the floor in every room, he took all of his blankets out of his crate, the pillows off the sofas, and of course the obligatory fur tumble weeds rolling around. UGH! Every time I try to clean it up, he just takes it out again. Hopefully he will lie down somewhere and take a nap. Then I will clean up. LOL!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Wolfiesmom, are you by chance in Maine? I am and am having the very same problem! Best of luck! :)

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wolfiesmom, are you by chance in Maine? I am and am having the very same problem! Best of luck! :)
No I am in Massachusetts, but I also own a summer home in OOB, Maine. I actually just got home from there on Wednesday.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Oh, yes i think I remember you mentioning that in a past thread! Sorry my memory is terrible! :) Either way, rainy day + energetic dog = trashed home:eek:

·
Registered
636 Posts
That's typically every day in my house. Even with wearing her out and going for walks and playing fetch...all the toys seem to get pulled out as soon as I clean them all up. Although Minna is pretty good about not touching anything she isn't supposed too. But the throw rugs do get moved around quite a bit...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts