German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, would love to get your guys' opinion on my boys hip xrays. They are being sent to ofa but would still like to get some thoughts while I'm waiting for the results. Vet didn't really mention anything and I'm not super familiar with what to look for. I know they don't look super bad but that's about it lol Thanks in advance!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
I am usually surprised at how some hips look and how they are rated -- not an expert, but it seems that sometimes the experts are inconsistent. What I see is shallow sockets, not deeply seated, and not the best coverage on the femoral heads. I don't know how old the dog is, or how to evaluate wear. Maybe you will get a Fair. But who knows, maybe they will come back better or worse.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am usually surprised at how some hips look and how they are rated -- not an expert, but it seems that sometimes the experts are inconsistent. What I see is shallow sockets, not deeply seated, and not the best coverage on the femoral heads. I don't know how old the dog is, or how to evaluate wear. Maybe you will get a Fair. But who knows, maybe they will come back better or worse.
Thank you for your thoughts! I appreciate everyone's opinions as I'm just trying to get a better understanding on what "experts" look for and what makes for good and excellent hips. I too agree that they can be some what inconsistent. Oh and he just turned two if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thank you for your thoughts! I appreciate everyone's opinions as I'm just trying to get a better understanding on what "experts" look for and what makes for good and excellent hips. I too agree that they can be some what inconsistent. Oh and he just turned two if that makes any difference.
I'm not an expert but perhaps this will help some:

X-ray Of Normal Hips Vs Those With Dog Hip Dysplasia |

1 - 4 of 4 Posts