German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 9 month old is having a back leg issue lately. ever since we started taking her to the local dog park for her to socialize, she's been having problems with her right back leg. she is very submissive and when the bigger dogs would play with her, they would knock her over and she would squeal and hold up her leg for about 10-15 sec and she would be fine she did this also when she got nipped by a corgi there, when she went to get a ball and got caught up under our futon and when she slipped and fell on wet grass. im wondering if she might have injured it at the park or maybe have popped something out of place. it doesn't bother her all the time but if she falls or she runs into something ( she still hasn't gotten out of her awkward stage yet. she's really clumsy) she squeals and holds it up our vet didn't say too much about it, just to keep her quiet and see how she does and then come back for x-rays. any one have an ideas what might be causing this?
anything is appreciated

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
we quit going to the dog park after all of this because we feel it would be better until she is fully grown and developed right before we take any chances

·
Registered
301 Posts
my 9 month old is having a back leg issue lately. ever since we started taking her to the local dog park for her to socialize, she's been having problems with her right back leg. she is very submissive and when the bigger dogs would play with her, they would knock her over and she would squeal and hold up her leg for about 10-15 sec and she would be fine she did this also when she got nipped by a corgi there, when she went to get a ball and got caught up under our futon and when she slipped and fell on wet grass. im wondering if she might have injured it at the park or maybe have popped something out of place. it doesn't bother her all the time but if she falls or she runs into something ( she still hasn't gotten out of her awkward stage yet. she's really clumsy) she squeals and holds it up our vet didn't say too much about it, just to keep her quiet and see how she does and then come back for x-rays. any one have an ideas what might be causing this?
anything is appreciated
you should get an xray done.we had a puppy that had the same issue and turned out her femur had a fracture just at the growth plate.its soft right near those spots and can be damaged very easily when they are young.she jumped of the deck and started the whole scenario.they can still walk on it but if bumped it causes pain.might be worth the trip in to get it checked.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
I also would do an xray, it could be 'anything',,when you xray I would also do the knee.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts