German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boy Alta-Tollhaus Gavin had his hips and elbows xrayed, his elbows were normal and his hips were EXCELLENT!! He is going to Germany
so unfortunately he will only get an A-Normal, but he would get an excellent rating with OFA!! :)

·
Registered
906 Posts
Congrats!! What a weight off your shoulder :) How old is he? I here people say do it at 1 and some people say 2!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats!! What a weight off your shoulder :) How old is he? I here people say do it at 1 and some people say 2!

Gavin is 18 months old.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
The OFA won't give you a hip rating until your dog is 24 months. You can get prelims done before that, but you won't get an official OFA rating until 24 months.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Ohhhh! Ok thanks everyone! :)

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
congrats !!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Man are those hips beautiful! i should have taken a picture but was in such a big hurry to get them in the mail I didn't think about it.

He is too young to get a permanent number from OFA but as they are now they would get an OFA excellent. Based on Dr. Mostosky's opinion ( my husband) and a board certified DVM radiologist.

Congratulations Lorie!!! Gavin is an awesome dog.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The A-Stamp is done after 1 year. Gavin needs his A-Stamp for his Korung. After he turns two he will be x-rayed again for his permanent OFA numbers.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
What a great relief eh?!

Congrats on the hips/elbows! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts