German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Does he only bunny hop on the stairs? Maybe he is just getting used to steps? I noticed he didn't hop up the last couple of steps. I don't think I'd be worried yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does he only bunny hop on the stairs? Maybe he is just getting used to steps? I noticed he didn't hop up the last couple of steps. I don't think I'd be worried yet.
Yea he doesnt do it all the times that I've noticed just sometimes. Guess he might be still learning to climb stairs. Just worried my baby would be in pain.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I once had a Samoyed puppy with HD. She hopped ALL the time. Her hips were pretty bad and she was noticeably in pain. She eventually had TPO surgery on one side and compensated well with the other.

I would just watch her for now. Hopefully, other members will take a look and chime in.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
My female has HD. Diagnosed by x-ray at 18 months. We suspected long before that. She could run like the wind when she was young even with the HD. We suspected HD because her overall gait was off when she walked. She looked good when she trotted or ran but when she walked she had a distinctive "sexy" sway in her back end. When she walked her back right foot crossed over under her because of the weak hip. Think how a model walks the runway one foot in front of the other heel to toe.
I don't see that in your pup. Looks like he's just learning the stairs. In the second video he seems to move normally to me. I'm not a vet but I wouldn't worry unless something else poops up to give you concern.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts