German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took Gypsy hiking today. She got ridiculously dirty and had a blast. Also saw horses for the first time (handled it like a champ). I'm thinking after this she should probably have a quiet week lol. And don't worry, she was leashed around the horses! ImageUploadedByPG Free1366583039.451634.jpg ImageUploadedByPG Free1366583064.943513.jpg ImageUploadedByPG Free1366583085.218509.jpg ImageUploadedByPG Free1366583104.333344.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
What a sweet, happy looking dog. She must enjoy your walks together. It looks so refreshing, I'm sitting in a hot office now.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Great photos!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Wow, that's beautiful country.

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
beautiful - in US i assume, always wondered what happens if a bear comes at you or yr dog chases one? is it a problem or do bears run away??

not from states.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Beautiful dog and country...how often do you have to bathe her? I shudder to think what Tess would look like if she were white....:)

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Great pictures! I've never been to the south east part of Washington, looks nice.

beautiful - in US i assume, always wondered what happens if a bear comes at you or yr dog chases one? is it a problem or do bears run away??

not from states.
Depends on the circumstances. Usually black bears will run. Sows with cubs or those that have been habituated to human may not. Of those that do not run, some will continue about their business and on rare occasion some may attack. I've seen quite a few black bears and they all ran. I've seen 3 grizzlies, 2 stood up and watched us watching them and the 3rd ran along the other side of a creek parallel to the the trail I was riding my four wheeler on. My dogs stay leashed up in bear country so no problems so far.

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
Great pictures! I've never been to the south east part of Washington, looks nice.

Depends on the circumstances. Usually black bears will run. Sows with cubs or those that have been habituated to human may not. Of those that do not run, some will continue about their business and on rare occasion some may attack. I've seen quite a few black bears and they all ran. I've seen 3 grizzlies, 2 stood up and watched us watching them and the 3rd ran along the other side of a creek parallel to the the trail I was riding my four wheeler on. My dogs stay leashed up in bear country so no problems so far.

interesting, thanks for insights. i think i would crap my pants if i saw a grizzly - watched i think a disney movie when i was a kid about this killer grizzly bear, can't remember name of movie.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nigel is right, the black bears are basically oversized raccoons and are protective only with offspring. I've never run into a bear here, only in Canada. Heard some horrific crap your pants cougar stories though. And you are probably being watched even if you don't know it...

I actually don't need to bathe her unless I'm impatient. Once the mud dries it actually falls off her fur and she licks herself clean like a cat! I did give her a hosing after this trip though.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts