German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting off our February right, still on vacation! Agis and I went hiking today. While he still looks very Rottie he's starting to get more a GSD body. I despair of his ears though ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@islanddog we're staying in a cabin on the west side of the park. Oxtongue Lake, just east of Dwight and Hwy 35. I like winter camping but for 16 days it's nice to have some creature comforts, and Toby is more of a 3-season camper. Not to mention Xerxes needs a jacket when it's 10C so would die winter camping hahaha (poor guy!). I'm hoping Agis becomes my winter camping buddy.

@Petra's Dad I would say not as much as normal - it's been unseasonably warm up here, we come here every winter and it's one of the warmer winters I can remember. Still more snow then home, which is all mud sadly.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He's a handsome boy. Heat wave here, my dog's never seen snow, sure looks like a lot of fun!
Thanks! Yeah probably not so much snow for you guys (especially in summer!). It's unseasonably warm here too unfortunately.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Really? In Algonquin and didn't even say hi? Haha. I could throw a rock to there from here. Spent most of the summer in the buffer on the west side.
Looks like a fun time.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really? In Algonquin and didn't even say hi? Haha. I could throw a rock to there from here. Spent most of the summer in the buffer on the west side.
Looks like a fun time.
I didn't know that! Well, we're in Oxtongue Lake until February 8...

We are having a great time. I've got bronchitis, but still trying to be active!

@WIBackpacker it's lovely eh! I love Lake Superior too though, that's my favourite part of Ontario, but we spend the most time in Algonquin.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We hiked Track and Tower today, went up to the lookout - 8.45k, 255m elevation gain which is really the upper limit for Agis given his age so I will likely rest him tomorrow and ski by myself. Boo! But he did great.

I call this series 'herding dogs for a family picture CAN be like herding cats'. Note Xerxes, our beagle, baying by the ice fall. Agis was a good boy of course.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some other pics from our hike today!

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts