German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took Madix (and Midas along with my two other ex-dogs) out for a long hike a couple of weeks ago. We started out with some obedience work - trying to practice in as many environments as possible - especially when he's way excited (three other dogs in the truck, barking to go out hiking) and knows that more fun is coming (hiking with his pals).

Thanks for looking! :)

Here's me, dressed up like an eskimo:

Practicing focused heeling:

Practicing holding and presenting the reward in different areas:

I taught him a "head down" command - wondered if he'd do it in the snow lol

And of course, the obligatory running-his-mouth-like-always photos :D

I <3 this dog!!

Practicing muscle memory for dock jumping - we have a tourney coming up in Feb:

Just for fun:

With the jolly ball I make him carry every time we go to the park to just run - it keeps him from shrieking like a banshee:

Thanks for looking, sorry there was so many!!!

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Madix is a very handsome boy, enjoyed the pictures, thanks for sharing. :)

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
Great pics! Madix going over the fence shots are awesome(well, they all are!).

·
Registered
319 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Madix is so handsome! Looks like he was having fun in the snow!

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
all gorgeous pics !

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
He's such a cool looking dog! Wonderful pictures, you can see how "into" you he is. The head-down shots are adorable!

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
Kona K9, Madix is a Dutch Shepherd.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I love madix! What a GORGEOUS dog. Can I ask how you work on your focused heel?????

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the great comments! :)

We've been working very hard on our heeling position - I basically ruined him with regular obedience before we started Schutzhund so I had to restart. Thanks for the compliments on that - it's been a lot of work!!

Madix is a purebred Dutch Shepherd (thanks Jane!) - but I get asked all the time if he's some kind of GSD mix...I also get pit bull mix lol. Makes me laugh that someone would look at his pointy little head and say that!!

GoSearchK9 - I answered your other thread ;) Hope it helps!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Not sure how I missed this thread!

He's stunning - I LOVE LOVE LOVE how happy he is in every photo! The photo's of him jumping over the fence are terrific!

We've been working very hard on our heeling position - I basically ruined him with regular obedience before we started Schutzhund so I had to restart. Thanks for the compliments on that - it's been a lot of work!!
I did the same with Stark for the first year of his life, everyday seems to be getting better too. ;)

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thank you!!! :D

We took a lot of video of Madix at Schutzhund training today - a lot of obedience too so maybe, if it's not too horrendous, I'll post some. :)

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
My favorite! Though they are all pretty good!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts