German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Today I noticed Grissom was not his usual 11 month old bundle of never ending energy. After watching him ignore a treat I realized something was not right. I took him to the vet immediately and he had a temp of 105.4. They are keeping him overnight to see what's going on. Has anyone else had this high a temp before? Just need some reassurance. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Good for you in taking action when you noticed your dog wasn't feeling well; everyone should have a thermometer for their dog. I had a puppy with a fever over 106 a long time ago and it was very scary; he did make it though.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Max had a temp that high when he was a few months old. He was kept overnight and treated to bring the fever down. He came home the next day ( fever broke in the night) and was fine after that. It was scary and I hated leaving him, but it turned out well. You did the right thing bringing him in immediately--- I hope he gets well soon!

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
I hope you get good news on Grissom, and that he is back home with you soon. :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Allie had a temp of 104-105 several times - the last time was about 3 weeks ago. She was admitted and given IVs. Fortunately she has not had the high temperature as often since she is now 5 - it was mostly when she was 1-2 years old; we did a lot of tests, never could find out what was causing it. Good luck with Grissom. So glad you go him to a hospital.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the reassurance. Grissom's fever broke yesterday, but they wanted to keep him one more day to make sure the fever was truly gone and not because of the IV. His blood platelets were low so they wanted to make sure his blood work was good to go as well. I'll have the results tomorrow, and hopefully I can bring him home.

Thanks again for the reassurance.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Please keep us updated; I know how worried I was with Allie's high temperatures.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts