German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201290403651702

* crosses fingers* I hope this link works.
Gunner is starting to love water so after a long day outside playing while my mom and I garden, I brought out the kiddy pool and started to fill it up. At first I wasn't paying attention to Mr. Nosey while I filled up the pool, but the water coming out & the noise of the sprayer interested him so much that he was cocking his head to the side so much. Then he got in the pool and started splashing at the sprayer. Then this is where we pulled out the camera.

Of course we took the sprayer home with us ( and the pool ). Soon we will get a hose as this will be a good test after we work more on our ' Drop it '. :)

·
Registered
620 Posts
Link doesn't work:(. Hugo loves water too, when we go to the big lake(lake Michigan) he goes nuts, he will wear himself out just running back and forth chasing the waves. And he loves the hose/sprinkler too. Until he thinks your going to give him a bath, then he mysteriously hates it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awh dang! Bare with me, my mom took it on her phone so I am trying to have her send it to me.

jjk - Hugo sure does look like he is enjoying that water! that is a great action shot!!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Stella loves to play "hose". She will chase the water from the sprayer forever. I was looking for some kind of dog toy that hooks up to the hose....haven't found any....

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
put shampoo on him and then play with the hose.

Link doesn't work:(. Hugo loves water too, when we go to the big lake(lake Michigan) he goes nuts, he will wear himself out just running back and forth chasing the waves. And he loves the hose/sprinkler too.

>>>> Until he thinks your going to give him a bath, then he mysteriously hates it.<<<<

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
what does "drop it" have to do with playing with the hose (being
sprayed)? my dog likes being sprayed. i set the nozzle on stream
and i arch the flow. my dog will run to the end of the stream
and mouth the water. if i wave the hose side to side my dog will
chase the stream. chasing the stream is good exercise.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201290403651702

* crosses fingers* I hope this link works.
Gunner is starting to love water so after a long day outside playing while my mom and I garden, I brought out the kiddy pool and started to fill it up. At first I wasn't paying attention to Mr. Nosey while I filled up the pool, but the water coming out & the noise of the sprayer interested him so much that he was cocking his head to the side so much. Then he got in the pool and started splashing at the sprayer. Then this is where we pulled out the camera.

Of course we took the sprayer home with us ( and the pool ).

>>>> Soon we will get a hose as this will be a good test after we work more on our ' Drop it '.<<<< :)

·
Registered
620 Posts
Great video.

Now you need to find a park like this one, one of Hugo's favorite sights when he sees the sprinklers are on:

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
That's great! Even Clipper got interested the other day when we had the hose out! I always used to shoot the stream over their head, by their feet, they loved it!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what does "drop it" have to do with playing with the hose (being
sprayed)? my dog likes being sprayed. i set the nozzle on stream
and i arch the flow. my dog will run to the end of the stream
and mouth the water. if i wave the hose side to side my dog will
chase the stream. chasing the stream is good exercise.
Well in the video you see Gunner grab the sprayer along with my finger. He did it a couple of times. Never broke skin and didn't mean too but if our 'drop it' was stronger, I wouldn't have worry about him dragging the hose and me.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glad you enjoyed our fun. :). He sure was tired. I'm glad I found something that he enjoys.

Jjk - love the other photo. I think gunner would die if he say that. Lol

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts