German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I'm Megan and new to this all! I was actually wondering if anyone who knows more about GSD could tell me if my dog is full or what she's mixed with. She was a stray and I've taken her in =) She looks just like a GSD only with floppy ears. I'm excited to learn more about these great dogs! Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hello and welcome! First off, I'm not a professional in these things but most probably your dog is mixed, I'm not sure with what.

Anyways, you have a nice dog, and I always say it, whatever the dog is, pure or mixed, it will love you the same, and it will learn the same tricks and obedience and fill up your world the same :)

It's also great that you saved a pet from probably a sad and hard life! Anyways don't worry it's a nice dog :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi, welcome :)

I had a dog for 15 years, that looked similar to yours, except lighter in color. He was a mix of GSD, huskie and lab...Maybe yours has some lab in her as well, but I couldn't say for sure.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
I say she's purebred. She just has soft ears. Just means she's not strong genetically for having erect ears. Doesn't always mean there's other problems.

I see a young female shepherd. What's her age estimated at? She looks young.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Welcome Megan!

I think she looks pure bred except for the ears. I had a dog with soft ears that looked different from those but IMO everything is all shepherd so im going pure

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for everyone's input! The vet said she's probably around a year and a half old. Most people I talk to can't figure out what she is mixed with if she is so that's why I was wondering. I'll love her all the same =) Floppy eared GSD or mixed! She's a great dog and has adopted me just as much as I adopted her =)

·
Registered
31,895 Posts
She looks like she just has soft ears. You can't be 100% sure she is 100% GSD, but if not, there is an awful lot of GSD in there.

If she looks like a GSD, and she acts like a GSD, well?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts